[mythtv-users] DirectData not getting data quite right

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Jun 1 15:47:33 EDT 2004

I have been using the DirectData method for retrieving schedule information now
for a couple weeks and I've noticed that future scheduling information is
missing.

When I looked into it, I noticed that the DirectData use in mythfilldatabase
still only forces an update of today and tomorrow, then gets 12/13 days from
today.  Due to the fact that zap2it has no data past a week out other than for
a few channels (at least for me), this is suboptimal.  I'd like to tell it to
always retrieve the full schedule information, and not skip anything.

When I looked in the code on CVS, there is a --dd-grab-all argument, but it is
disabled with an #if 0.  Is there another way to get this to work?  I'm not
willing to compile unless I need to, I have enough other things to maintain.
If it is scheduled from within mythbackend, I assume that it still is just
running the same mythfilldatabase program?

Having little data past tomorrow sucks for me, it's hard to schedule things
that way.

Thanks.
Gavin