[mythtv-users] Code walk through

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Jun 1 08:02:29 EDT 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>Op maandag 31 mei 2004 09:06, schreef Pierre Diversé:
>

>>On another note is there a programmer's cheat sheet to MythTV?  Some place
>>where some of the intricate things of MythTV are explained, other than
>>scanning the code for comments?  Would like to be able to lend a hand at
>>some point later in time, instead of just leeching.
>>

>No, there isn't really one. But David Greaves has been trying to put together,
>something on the mythv.info wiki. Totaly unsupported by the MythTV main
>developers, just started, etc.
>
>-> http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/CodeWalkThrough
>
>	Henk Poley <><

Yeah - not something I normally do - but it struck me that maybe it'd be
useful for something as complex as Myth.

The real idea was to try and build something that gave a general 'how
things happen' feel so if you came across a small bug you'd know where
to look and have a grasp of how that bit of code fits in the the overall
scheme.

I really haven't gotten very far - so I don't know if the approach I'm
taking will work.

feel free to add to it :)

David