[mythtv-users] Getting started... Need Help

Stuck stuck at pooksnet.com
Tue Jun 1 01:45:24 EDT 2004

I am not sure who to direct this to. I am a mandrake Linux newbie. I am
working diligently to make Linux my primary OS, then I run into snags
that have me scratching my head… do I really need the pain…

I have downloaded the MythTV-0.14 and working with Robert Kulagowski’s
guide I am confident I have satisfied all the requirements, yet I can't
get the system to fire up. In truth, I'm not sure what to look for, or
to expect. I sent Mr. Kulagowski an email, his response was “re-read
sections 4 and 5” thanx a bunch…

With that out of the way… I am running:
Mandrake Linux v.10.0.3.3.2-6mdk, Linux version 2.6.3-7 gcc version
3.3.2, supermount v. 2.0.4 for kernel 2.6 platform Chaintech mainboard,
AMD 1.3 processor, 384 Megs RAM, 200GB HHD, PVR-350 card.

Every time I try to start MythTV I get the following error:

I try to run "setup"...
"$ ./setup
./setup:error while loading shared libraries: libmthtv-0.14.so.0): can
not open shared object file: no such file or directory"

When I try to run
“$ ./setup.pro
-bash: ./setup.pro : Permission denied”

I’ve tried both commands from inside and outside of the mythtv directory
and as root, still getting the same errors…

yet when I "cd /lib/libmythtv/" I can see the file libmythtv-0.14.so.0
in fact there appears to be a symlink in the same directory also the
owner of the file is the user... I have gone as far as checking my steps
re-compiling and still no relief..any ideas as to how I can resolve this?
Regards,
Sheldon
ps feeling REALLY stupid
gadgetboyeee at pooksnet.com