[mythtv-users] MythWeb problem. Need "hand holding" to fix.

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 31 12:07:17 EDT 2004

JacqueUsi wrote:

> Upgraded well over a month ago. Right off the bat started experiencing
> problems with MythWeb, otherwise, the upgrade went smooth. At the
> time, I had authentication required for MythWeb, which I think was the
> slippery slope that I fell into. Anyhow, I tried fixing the problem
> myself. A combination of not quite understanding the steps, and the
> amount of time since I last tried to fix this problem has left me to
> resorting to the wisdom of the group.
>
> If anyone could please help, it would be most appreciated. BTW, this
> is the latest of a string of errors. I don't recall the error that
> started it all.
> **
> *Parse error*: parse error in
> */var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php* on line *62*
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: load_all_channels() in
> */var/www/html/mythweb/program_listing.php* on line *39*

> Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/spamguard/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/protection.html>.

Besides asking about the versions and stuff, the second error looks to
be caused by the first.  I'm assuming that line 62 is roughly the same
as the version I have:

 $dbh = mysql_connect(db_host, db_username, db_password)

If it is, those variables are set in config/conf.php on lines 19 to 22.
It should look something like:

    define('db_host',     'localhost');
    define('db_username', 'mythtv');
    define('db_password', 'mythtv');
    define('db_dbname',   'mythconverg');

First thing I'd do is check that those are right for your setup.