[mythtv-users] Stuck in PAL mode. Help!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jul 31 02:28:28 EDT 2004

Got my new Dishnetwork service hooked up today (looks great, btw)...
transition over was pretty easy, just switched from the tv port to the
svideo port.  However, for some reason the card (pctv pro) defaults to
PAL mode.  I see an "ntsc" setting in the database, but obviously it
doesn't do anything.

So far the only way to fix it is to open up xawtv and set it back to
ntsc.  Once I do that, it sticks until I reboot.  Any ideas?  I didn't
see anything in mythtvsetup  about choosing pal vs ntsc.

running cvs from a few days ago.

-Chris