[mythtv-users] Machine Lockups

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 18:58:14 EDT 2004

Jason Lee wrote:

> | If you have enabled ACPI in the kernel, try disabling it. This at
> least was
> | causing random lockups on my MSI mainboard with nvidia drivers.
>
> Thought I had done that already.  Is that "pci=noacpi" on the kernel
> command line?  That's what google seems to think... :)
>
> jason

Yep, you'll have to check your exact kernel params ( For my 2.6.7-2mdk
build it's actually acpi=no).  The problem others, including myself, had
with nforce drivers can be solved by disabling apic, (nolapic noapic) as
well as acpi.  When I upgraded to 2.6.7-2mdk the lock ups I had with
apic stopped, and I could turn them back on.

-Ry