[mythtv-users] No more saa7134 sound problems (except when you have 2... :-S )[Scanned]

Jason Keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Fri Jul 30 13:27:39 EDT 2004

On July 30, 2004 12:38 pm, Mike Schoenmakers wrote:
> works just fine and individual recording goes without any problems. But
> dual recording (equals one recording and one viewing) gives major out of
> sync issues... I have a P4 2,8Ghz HT, 512Mb so this cannot be the issue.

But what kind of HD do you have? That's likely your bottleneck.

Writing out two huge streams of data while simultaneously reading them back is
a lot of I/O. You'd better have a pretty intense drive if you're doing all
that on one disk.

Your best bet would be to use a striped raid.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley:  LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson