[mythtv-users] backend 4x pvr250 MB advice

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Jul 30 13:06:22 EDT 2004

> I'm curious as to what disk I/O is like on your system. Have you tried
> it with all cards running simultaneously?

Actually, I've got one additional PVR250 card on a seperate frontend /
backend, so there are 5 cards all together.

Yes, I've had the 4xlocal and 1xremote going simultaneously.  Didn't
notice any issues.

> And did you have to do any
> slot changing/IRQ wiggling/onboard disabling to get the cards to be
> recognised?

Nope.

> As I understand from the non-functioning Intel site this is
> quite a high-end board.

Newegg has it for $99.  N82E16813121184
If you want the GigE version it will cost you $125.  (it's the D865PERLK)

Don't know if that means that it's too expensive for you, but when you
compare that to the cost of troubleshooting a substandard board it's
worth it.