[mythtv-users] Gentoo/portage/USE query

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 12:27:24 EDT 2004

I'm currently in the process of fine-tuning portage (by way of files in
/etc/portage) to compile things with package-specific options.

As far as I know, the only thing that needs xinerama support (for mythvideo
and mythdvd) is qt, so I've taken "xinerama" out of my /etc/make.conf and
added it to /etc/portage/package.keywords under qt (mplayer has the option
for it, but I don't think it's needed, plus I might convert completely to
Xine anyway).

So far, my only other query is regarding MySQL; does qt need MySQL support
compiled in as well as MythTV, or will MythTV do fine without MySQL support
in qt? I had a look through the docs and couldn't find any details on this,
other than asking for the global mysql USE flag to be set.

If anyone knows anything about this I'd be much obliged to hear about your
experiences!