[mythtv-users] Ways to improve TV Out quality

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jul 30 05:48:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:32:05PM +0100, David wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >>I reniced X  -12 and mythfrontend  -2.. which basically gives them a bit
> >>more priority.
> >

> >How, unless you run mythfrontend as root?
>
> man renice

     Users other than the super-user may only alter the priority of processes
     they own, and can only monotonically increase their ``nice value'' within
     the range 0 to PRIO_MAX (20).  (This prevents overriding administrative
     fiats.)  The super-user may alter the priority of any process and set the
     priority to any value in the range PRIO_MIN (-20) to PRIO_MAX.  Useful

So, to repeat my question, how unless as root?

Hamish