[mythtv-users] backend 4x pvr250 MB advice

Thomas M. Pluth tpluth at surewest.net
Fri Jul 30 04:59:20 EDT 2004

You'll need plenty of disk throughput, especially if you plan on transcoding
after recording.  I'd recommend some large, fast disks in a striped
configuration. Also, what signal do you plan to feed the 4 cards?  Antenna?
Cable direct?  Cable via cable box? Satellite?  If you're using an external
cable box or satellite box you'll need some way to control them, which means
many serial ports for IR Blasters or some kind of USB control device.