[mythtv-users] OT: IR LED testing...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 30 02:56:06 EDT 2004

> I'm pretty sure you can also replace the IR LED with a normal LED to
> test the circuit.

Yes.  But the part of the circuit I was testing was the IR LED itself
(to make sure it or the solder joints weren't damaged when I shrank the
heat shrink -- apparently the stuff I have requires more heat than most
-- enough to melt solder); I had already tested it with a blue LED (the
only other one I had on-hand)

> What satallite dish do you plan to control?  I'm currently trying to
> get my 301 dishnetwork receiver to work.

It'll be the dual-tuner dish receiver (I forget the number).  Installer
guy comes tomorrow afternoon.

I have everything ready except for the actual channel change scripts
(which I have yet to download from
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
) -- although I do at some point plan to make an rpm for the lirc-xmit
changes (Axel finally has some kernel module macros that he hopes will
work on more than just his system).

-Chris