[mythtv-users] avformat error: -1

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 20:39:14 EDT 2004

>I've been having the same sort of issue.  I just picked up an PVR-250 and ever
>since my machine crashes (caps and scroll lock is flashing) hard about an hour
>after it starts marking the commercials after it finishes recording.  I've
>turned off auto marking so we'll see if that is truely it.  Unfortunatly
>when it
>crashes I can't get to a console window and there is nothing in the logs.  I
>don't know if it has anything to do with Myth or with the ivtv driver.  I'm
>using Gentoo with the gentoo 2.4.26 kernel.

I had the exact same problem with Gentoo under 2.4.26, and rolled back to
2.4.25. Always occurred after recording had finished (couldn't pinpoint it
to commflagging though), and again nothing in the logs. Complete machine
freeze (no X, SSH, ping, anything) - not even a kernel panic message.

As such, I've resisted installing new kernels based on the 2.4.26 updates.
It also coincided with my descision to go ACPI rather than APM, so I then
attributed it to ACPI crummyness. Who knows what went on?