[mythtv-users] Program Guide cuases crash in live tv (PVR350)

Worldnet onley at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 29 18:42:24 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:59:10 -0400, <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>
wrote:

> Worldnet wrote:
> | I have searched the archives and I know that this is a driver problem
> with
> | the IVTV drivers but there seems to be a solution proposed in one
> thread
> | thet involves binding a jumpkey that will start the program guide and
> at
> | the same time stop playback. I have verified that if I pause live tv
> | before I enter the program guide, then I am able to browse and select a
> | channel and all works fine (though for some reason when I do this the
> | guide will only display for about a quarter second then go away but any
> | button on the remote will bring it back for a quarter second).
> |
> | My problem is taht I am running Knoppmyth and the webmyth interface
> will
> | not save the jumpkey assignment, I saw a thread about this but there
> was
> | some concern that an upgrade might break the backend and that would
> | probably spell the end of Myth for me.
> |
> | Is there a way to stop the playback stream before entering the program
> | guide?
> |
> | BTW I really like Mythtv, you guys have done a fantastic job. Except
> for
> | this one issue it is working great for me.
> |
> | Paul
> |
> Paul,
> I don't believe this is a mythtv issue. I, like most other people using
> a PVR350, have experienced this problem. I was able to resolve it for
> myself by using Mathias Badaire's X driver which you can find here:
> http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz
> Hope this helps,
> kr

Thanks KR, I must admit that I was more than just a little nervous aout
changing drivers but all is well now. I can play all I want in the guide
and no problems.

Do you ever see a dropped frame? I see this maybe once or twice an hour
but don't remember seeing it with fbdev. Maybe I just didn't notice it
before.

I love this program, and the distro that let me get it working.

Paul