[mythtv-users] Separate mythtranscode server

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jul 28 21:34:21 EDT 2004

> Current CVS allows you to do this for Commercial Detection, but not for
> transcoding.  The ability to do this for transcoding will come at some
> time in the future, but that will probably come after work is done to
> merge together the queueing of jobs for both processes.

On that note, the next version of nuvexport (no idea when) WILL support
this.  I'm splitting it into a client/daemon setup, where the client
(including mythweb) will set up the encodes, and then a daemon process
(located on any computer with access to mythtv dabase and files) will
grab tasks from the database and process them accordingly.

This does, however, mean that you'll seed to set up your directory
structures on different machines so that they match.

-Chris