[mythtv-users] Backend Daemon Won't Start

Ignacio Rodriguez iggy88 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:45:42 EDT 2004

Hello, i'm having serious problems geting the mythtv backend to work.
Whenever i try starting it via /etc/init.d/mythbackend start i get
this error:
mythtv:~# /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
Starting MythTV server: mythbackendSession management error:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
.
I have read a previous post that said this is not a critical error,
but it still dosen't seam to start. I know this is not a problem with
the myth instillation, because when i have the backend started with a
simple mythbackend command in the terminal it works, and i tested it
recording leno last night. Anyway, if anyone knows how to help please
tell me, i would greatly appreciatee any help. Thanks.