[mythtv-users] Reading DVD TOC

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 26 14:27:52 EDT 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:

>I think it is setup correctly, I have:
>
>EventUp {
>        key = KP_Up
>        modifier = none
>}
>
># menu navigate down
>EventDown {
>        key = KP_Down
>        modifier = none
>}
>
># menu navigate left
>EventLeft {
>        key = KP_Left
>        modifier = none
>}
>
># menu navigate right
>EventRight {
>        key = KP_Right
>        modifier = none
>}
>
>Which are the defaults, and the same as if I grab the keys pressed by
>the remote control. But when showing the menu, it still insists on
>controlling the video behind the menu. Any ideas how I can change this?

Remember that these are the *keypad* arrow keys.  The normal arrow keys
do things like set position +/- 60 seconds (Right/Left) or
increment/decrement playback speed (Up/Down).  Therefore, if your remote
is sending "Up" instead of "KP_Up", you will be "controlling the video
behind the menu."

If you remap the DVD menu to "Up," etc. make sure you remap the defaults
for "Up," etc.

Mike