OSD text cutoff [was Re: [mythtv-users] Slow channel switching on PVR-250 ?]

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Jul 26 12:24:34 EDT 2004

On 7/26/2004 10:58 AM, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

>Hi,
>
>so, assuming I read the archives.

Ohhh.  I try never to assume.  We don't want to go there, it always
works out bad for me. ;-)  Perhaps a compromise, if you honestly looked
at the docs, searched the archives, and tried googling for the answer,
maybe state that what you found doesn't exactly answer the question you had.

> How would I find out if there was any
>change since then ? The problem is, after all, that nobody wants to spend
>the time to keep the answers to thousands of questions up-to-date (and
>nobody gets paid for doing it ...).

You can re-sort the list archives by date posted to get the latest ones
first.  It always works for me.

>So, IMHO, asking stuff that was discussed previously is OK, unless you do
>so all the time.

Sure, its ok.  I was only referring specifically to your OSD question.
Hence why I trimmed my reply to only the relevant portion.  To answer
your OSD cutoff question.  It probably has something to do with font
sizes and the field widths in the osd.xml file.  More likely than not,
your font size is actually smaller than the person that designed the
theme planned for.  The OSD theme is configurable in the setup so you
will want to make sure that you look at the correct one.  I think the
default is blueosd, but you will want to check and make sure.

>But let's close this thread on that and not produce more noise on it. (or
>at least off-list).

OK, closed.