[mythtv-users] Navigation in MythMusic

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Sun Jul 25 19:11:18 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

The docs for MythMusic say "the interface is easy to navigate" - in general
I agree, but I have some questions.

I have a very large and well organised MP3 directory (made larger by the
fact that MythMusic sorts by artist, so all the VA's get split out into
about 10 artists each with one or two tracks).  Getting around in the list
is a problem.  It seems that you can use "text messaging input" and use the
number keys to jump around in the list, but I can't exactly figure this out.
If I hit "7" for example, it (after a long wait) drops me at "R", but not at
the beginning; about 10 artists in.

Can someone shed some light on what exactly happens here?  Is there a way to
move around the list I haven't found?  Also, is there a better way of
removing songs from the active play queue than finding them in the master
music list and unticking them?

Craig