[mythtv-users] Feature Request: ALSA output

Flo flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
Sun Jul 25 16:15:54 EDT 2004

well, but this just uses the ALSA OSS kernel emulation via /dev/dsp. I am
asking about native ALSA support. In the GUI there is also no place to
specify the ALSA device, only which /dev/dsp to use (same for mixer).

I tried disabling the kernel OSS emulation and got an error message that it
cannot open /dev/dsp.

The verbose logs show indeed, that it uses the OSS audio output. How would I
make it use ALSA instead ? There doesn't seem to be a configuration option
for that ...

Thanks,
Schlomo

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, David George wrote:

> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

Instead of /dev/dsp use ALSA:default