[mythtv-users] Slow channel switching on PVR-250 ?

Flo flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
Sun Jul 25 16:16:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

OK. so how would I make it buffering the show only after I start watching it
? Or can't it do that. A simple test with mplayer and ptune.pl showed that
the delay corresponds exactly to mplayers buffering. But mplayer continues
playing and doesn't freeze the picture like mythtv.

So how to reduce the buffering to a minimum ?

Thanks,
Schlomo

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Phil Bridges wrote:

> It is doing this because it is buffering the show - your TV set
> doesn't do any buffering.

3 seconds ahead for livetv pause -> 3 seconds to change channels