[mythtv-users] Ways to improve TV Out quality

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Sun Jul 25 13:21:45 EDT 2004

I've tried combinations of all of these, and it does not really help.

Are there any kernel filters that I might try?

I meant to post my XF86Config in the previous post, but forgot, so here it
is...

Section "Files"
 FontPath "unix/:7100"   # local font server
 # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
 FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
EndSection

Section "Module"
 Load "GLcore"
 Load "bitmap"
 Load "dbe"
 Load "ddc"
 Load "dri"
 Load "extmod"
 Load "freetype"
 Load "glx"
 Load "int10"
 Load "record"
 Load "speedo"
 Load "type1"
 Load "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
 Driver  "keyboard"
 Option  "CoreKeyboard"
 Option  "XkbRules" "xfree86"
 Option  "XkbModel" "pc102"
 Option  "XkbLayout" "uk"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier      "MX500 Mouse"
 Driver          "mouse"
 Option          "CorePointer"
 Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
 Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
 Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
 Option          "Buttons"               "8"
EndSection

Section "Device"
 Identifier "Radeon 8500"
 Driver  "radeon"
   BoardName    "R200 QL"
   Driver       "radeon"
   Screen       0
   Option       "Rotate" "off"
   VendorName   "ATI"
    Option "TVStandard" "PAL-I"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier "Television"
  HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
  VertRefresh  60

  ModeLine "800x600x60" 39.7901  800 840 968 1056  600 601 605 628
  Mode "720x576"
    DotClock 42.6
    HTimings 720 760 832 944
    VTimings 576 577 580 602
    Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
  EndMode
EndSection

Section "Screen"
 Identifier "Default Screen"
 Device  "Radeon 8500"
 Monitor  "Television"
 DefaultDepth 24
 SubSection "Display"
  Depth  24
  Modes  "800x600x60" "720x576"
  Modes
 EndSubSection
 #Option  "XaaNoSolidBresenhamLine" "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier "Default Layout"
 Screen  "Default Screen"