[mythtv-users] Latest CVS -> audio buffer overflows

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sat Jul 24 22:38:51 EDT 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:

>That sounds exactly like my problem. Good to know I'm not the only one.
>
>Paul
>
>Do you mean this message "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"?

OK, I have confirmed that this can be an issue for *some* people with
the latest CVS.  As a temporary workaround you can revert to a previous
version of audiooutputalsa.cpp and audiooutputalsa.h.  Once I did this
my audio started working again.

This is *only* for people that have no audio in myth, but using ALSA
output from mplayer, xine, or aplay, etc work properly.  If aplay and
the others don't work, you most likely have a different problem and need
to get your ALSA config correct.

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout -r
1.7 mythtv/libs/libmyth/audiooutputalsa.cpp
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout -r
1.2 mythtv/libs/libmyth/audiooutputalsa.h

And of course this only affects those running CVS since about July 13th.

I am hoping to be able to work more on this Sunday.  If not then Tuesday
evening.

I'll keep everyone posted.

David