[mythtv-users] Re: State of IvyTV Fedora Core 2 Support?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jul 24 04:29:25 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:12:58PM +0000, Joe . wrote:
> i'm trying to get mythtv up and running on fedora core 2, using a pvr 250
> that i've just ordered. i haven't got the card yet, but i really like this
> distribution and don't really want to have to change unless it's absolutely
> necessary.
>
> what is the state of the ivtv & fedora 2 problem at the moment? do the
> latest experimental/bleeding releases of ivtv work now? i found this thread
> very informative:
> http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29536&highlight=fedora#29536
>
> but it's also a bit scary & i'm not sure if even all that fixes the
> problems completely :| just wondering if there is anyone out there who is
> operating well with this distribution and a pvr 250 at the moment?

There are already some people that are driving the ivtv rpm production ;)
Have a look at http://ATrpms.net/name/ivtv-experimental/. There are
packages cut from several releases fulfilling different needs. For PVR
250 (i.e. no decoder) it becomes easier.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 02:37:32PM -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2004 13:57, Matt Perry wrote:
> > How or why would a kernel driver have anything to do with your
> > distribution?
>
> It's not so much the distribution per se, as much as the fact that FC2
> ships with a 2.6 kernel, and ivtv initially had (has?) problems with
> the 2.6 series kernels.
>
> Me, I won't be going to a 2.6 kernel until Nvidia releases a
> 2.6-compatible driver that isn't a step backwards from the 4363
> version.  6106 wasn't the answer.

You can use kernel 2.6.7-1.456_4.rhfc2.at and matching 4363 drivers.
(2.6.7-1.456_4.rhfc2.at is 8kstacks, so it is in particular ivtv safe)

All available at ATrpms.net. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net