[mythtv-users] Radeon 8500, 2.6 kernel and TV-Out

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Fri Jul 23 09:52:51 EDT 2004

Hi There,

(Not sure if this is really relevant for the mailing list, but I thought
that there must be a few people here who would have solved the problem or
tried to solve it and given up!)

Has anyone managed to get this combination to work, driving a TV using the
SVideo out from the Radeon card? All I can get is a garbled TV (looks like
the mode for the TV is not right, but I think it might be something a little
deeper than that). When I drop back to the console, I get the screen
mutliplied by 4 (one "screen" in each quarter of the TV).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben