[mythtv-users] UK DVB channels IDs

Mark Maas mark at menem.mine.nu
Fri Jul 23 07:46:59 EDT 2004

Right I've been able to tune channels for Holland now.

I succeeded in compiling the ivtvctl program (in the ivtv source
code) and use it to tune in on programs.

Procedure:

First lookup the frequency the desired channel is at (Ex: Nederland
1 = 216Mhz)
Multiply that number by 16 (216 * 16 = 3456)

then issue a "ivtvctl --set-freq=3456" (without the quotes)

and the tuner is set.

Now write a script like:

---------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/ivtvctl --set-freq=$1

And place it somewhere handy.

In the Mythtv setup, point to this script with the "use external
tuner" field.

Now, in mythweb, goto "settings" then "channels" and enter 3456 in
the correct freqid field for Nederland 1 (Still using the example.)

Done,

Do the same for all the other channels.Ex: RTL4 = 3584 (RTL4 =
224Mhz * 16 = 3584)