[mythtv-users] Found answer for random backend crashes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 22 20:01:36 EDT 2004

Ben Brown wrote:

>I've been running mythtv for about 2.5 years.  Been on the same box the
>whole time.  When I upgraded to the latest version, I started having all
>sorts of backend problems.  Crashes, bad recordings, etc.  I found that
>upgrading my ram to 512MB fixed all my problems.  Not sure what changed in
>the latest release of myth, but it seems to need more memory then it earlier
>brethren.  Just thought I'd share

Out of curiosity, how did you upgrade to 512MB?  Replace a 256MB stick
with a 512MB stick (in which case it may have been memory gone bad) or
just add another 256MB stick?  My machine (combined
frontend/backend)--which has 512MB--is using less than 256MB RAM (and no
swap space), so I was just wondering...

Mike