[mythtv-users] nuv + transcode/mplayer ?

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Thu Jul 22 12:22:50 EDT 2004

> Message: 21
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:03:24 -0700
> From: rick schultz <rick.schultz at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nuv + transcode/mplayer ?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:52:40 -0700, Chris Petersen
> <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > Anyone know if transcode and/or mplayer have been updated to support
////snip
> Personally, I just want to archive some of the stuff I've got - it's
> getting awfully crowded. Ideally, I just want to move things from TV
> to Video.  The problem is, I've encoded in MPEG-4, and the bit rate is
> just about as low as I want it to get - so I don't need to transcode,
> just export.  nuvexport re-encoding to divx just multiplies the mpeg
> artifacts, even at high bitrates.  I gather the shortest path between
> what I've got and where I want to be is to get mplayer to play the
> nuv's directly (which should also allow mencoder to repackage the
> contained MPEG-4/MP3 streams into an avi, playable "anywhere",
> right?).  Is there another way I'm overlooking?
>
> -rick

Avidemux2 loads mythtv NUVs.
It will do a fast copy/copy.
It has a nice interface.

I know mean was adding scripting, so it can be command line driven.

Personally, I copy the nuv AND sql off to DVD-R for possible later
readdition to the database.

Someone is working on removable media support, so the database would
"remember", or at least SEE the NUV/sql and temporarily add them.

Search a bit.