[mythtv-users] keybindings in mythweb

John OKeefe john at terminalreality.com
Thu Jul 22 11:17:23 EDT 2004

I am not a programmer but is there anyway through MythWeb to say I want to
assign a key for play, and then you press that key on your controller which
is picked up by MythTV and that button then becomes assigned to that
function?

Here would be the steps:

(1) Navigate to MythWeb keybindings and select the function you want to
assign a key to. For example lets say PLAY
(2) The HTML page updates and says press your button or click here to
cancel.
(3) If you press your button it is picked up by MythTV and somehow it
updates the message on the HTML page that that button press was successfully
received. Maybe it asks you to confirm that is the correct button.
(4) The keybindings screen shows again with that button now assigned to that
function.

- John