[mythtv-users] Is anyone (successfully) using a Nova-T

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Thu Jul 22 04:46:12 EDT 2004

I've just got to ask ...  - because after several weeks of trying I'm not :(

I have mythtv 0.15.1 installed and can record and play livetv using the card.  However, whenever I change channels, I get loads of continuity errors and correspondingly glitchy video/audio.  If I stop mythtv and restart it again all is well.  Similarly tzap; dvbstream | mplayer works just fine.  It's just mythtv that seems to have the problem.  I guess it's possible that PCI latencies might need looking at - next on my list - but I'm doubtful that is the problem in this case.

I've perused (!) the sources and it looks ike mythtv does much the same to tune the card as tzap, so if there is a problem it could be something to do with buffering the data after a channel change - again, on my list of things to look at, but before I invest lots of time and energy in pulling apart the code, I'd like to know about anyone else's experience with this card under mythtv.

I'm currently using a 2.4.25 kernel, and considering a switch to 2.6.  Opinions?

Cheers

Mark