[mythtv-users] Need advice for storage project

George Nilsen gzomby at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 01:19:59 EDT 2004

>I do not know how the NTFS share using Samba will work.

I have had a problem running a WinXP box with a drive formated NTFS and a
RHL 8.0 box running Samba with shares (using encrypted passwords). The XP
box could not connect to the Samba share and I could not figure out why.
After scratching my head for a long time.. I reformatted the windows drive
FAT and was able to connect and use the shares.

I do not recommend trying to connect NTFS to Samba.

George