[mythtv-users] Re: mythbackend crashing - solved

Anton Olsen anton.olsen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:51:34 EDT 2004

> Yep that's not the problem, it contains the address of one ntp server.   Running it
> manually does indeed update the time.  If the jump is too big, mythbackend flips
> me the bird and drops on its back.

I gave up on ntpd and just added the following line to root's crontab:
0 3 * * * rdate -s my.web.server

My CMOS clock is usually off, so I've also added the rdate command to
my rc.local.
When I was setting up the machine the clock had drifted over 15
minutes and MythTV didn't crash even though it was recording when I
adjusted the time.  I don't recall now which way it had drifted, but I
think rdate pushed the time 15 minutes into the past.

--Anton

--
Anton