[mythtv-users] Black screen with sound

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 21 12:02:59 EDT 2004

Hello.  I only saw one reference to this type of problem with not replies to it.
I did have only one capture card (a Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Deluxe) running
under Slackware 9.1 with out much of a problem.  Over the weekend I purchased a
PVR-250 (model 980) and a 120 gig SATA drive.  I also decided that now would be
a great time to go back to a Gentoo system.  Well it took me a few days of
fiddling with settings but it works again (mostly).  Every once in a while when
I try and view recording or watch live tv it shows a black screen but I do have
sound.  I've tried doing the PIP then switching the screens but no go.  I've
noticed that this only happens when I've not gone directly into MythTV from
boot.  I've got my system setup to autologin to xfce then launch mythtv.  If I
then exit Myth and go back in I get the black screen problem.  I've tried doing
verbose logging but it doesn't show any errors.  Just wondering if anyone might
know what the problem is.

Stephen