[mythtv-users] Avermedia M179 issues w/ CVS Myth on 2.4.x kernel

Johnny Lee johnny at fishcounts.com
Wed Jul 21 11:08:12 EDT 2004

ivtv: version 0.1.9 (release) loading
ivtv: SGarray_size = 320, DSGarray_size = 16
ivtv: Found an iTVC15 based chip
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 02:08.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:1f.3
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 02:02.1
tuner: chip found at addr 0xc0 i2c-bus ivtv i2c driver #0
tuner: type set to 2 (Philips NTSC (FI1236,FM1236 and compatibles)) by
insmod option
tuner: The type=<n> insmod option will go away soon.
tuner: Please use the tuner=<n> option provided by
tuner: tv aard core driver (bttv, saa7134, ...) instead.
saa7114.c: starting probe for adapter ivtv i2c driver #0 (0x10005)
saa7114.c: detecting saa7114 client on address 0x42
saa7115.c: writing init values
status: (1E) 0x00, (1F) 0xad
ivtv: Encoder revision: 0x02040011
ivtv: Decoder revision: 0x02020023
ivtv: i2c client addr: 0x61 not found!
ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 0
ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 32
ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 224
ivtv: loaded

Maybe it's a firmware issue? I heard of some people having different
firmwares. I just wasn't sure how to load them since I saw the link to a
bunch of windows drivers.

Johnny Lee