[mythtv-users] EPIA playback now has stutter

b.taber b.taber at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 12:17:50 EDT 2004

Folks,

Anybody using an EPIA (-M 10K if it matters) as a separate front end and
just built mythtv from CVS this morning? The backend was also updated
from the CVS and playback is fine on a non-EPIA machine. The EPIA
machine has some extreme video jitter with the VIA hardware encoding
turned on. With it off it's _almost_ viewable as the cpu is hovering
around 90-95%. I don't expect to see it work smoothly without the
hardware encoding on.

This same system was running okay with a previous version (?early July?)
of the CVS code. In other words, there was no jitter and playback was
90-95% smooth. By that I mean there was only glitches in news tickers. I
was trying to see if the new updates that got posted would clean up some
of the video out quality. The jitter makes it real difficult to see any
changes :(

Is there something that needs to change setup-wise? Just in case it
helps when the backend started it reported updating to schema 1051,
1052, & 1053 then starts normal.

Any guidance is welcomed.

Bruce