[mythtv-users] Compiling with DVB...

Berry, David David.Berry at dcita.gov.au
Mon Jul 19 19:03:25 EDT 2004

I had this exact error last night ! - Check where the compiled binaries
are being installed.  Myth was installed into /usr/local/bin, but the
'make install' was putting them into '/usr/bin'; Edit the path statement
at the top of settings.pro.

Also check that your include directory is pointing to the DVB drivers
directory - I was pointing it at the kernel frontend.h, and it was
compiling fine, but still complained about not having DVB support.

I also copied the 'setup' program into /usr/bin/mythtvsetup - just to be
sure.

Cheers
David.

Adam Bown wrote:
> When I run setup I'm getting "Recompile with DVB support" when trying
to setup
> my NOVA-t card.  The thing is, I have compiled with DVB support, twice
just
> to make sure.  I edited "settings.pro" and uncommented the lines
relavent to
> DVB, set the include path to my dvb driver tree and it compiled
without
> errors. ....but it still gives me this error.  The card itself is
working
> fine using either xine or mplayer/dvbstream.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in severe penalties.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Security Advisor of the Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, telephone (02) 6271-1880 and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.