[mythtv-users] shift/ctrl/alt + key keybindings (usb remote)

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Mon Jul 19 13:09:59 EDT 2004

We have an answer to this, courtesy of Iain Waugh (thanks for doing most
of the legwork, Iain)!

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:30:13PM +0100, Ivan A. Beveridge wrote:
> I've got a USB remote (from a TwinHan DVB-t card). As is probably the
> case with most of these USB remotes, they emulate a keyboard.
>
> I have got all the keystrokes for the buttons (except the power button),
> but two of them (vol+, vol-) are SHIFT-up and SHIFT-down. I would like
> to map these (in mythweb) but cannot find the correct words to use to
> describe the key combination. I've googled, and looked through the HOWTO
> to no avail.

To get this to work, mythweb (and hence I assume mythtv as a whole)
takes the key-combinations as:
Shift+Up
Shift+Down

I assume (should you want/need them) Alt and Ctrl would be the other
appropriate keys.

The keys for the TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-t remote (it's a HID-compliant
USB IR remote) are currently mentioned here:

http://www.dreamtime.org/wiki/TwinHan-VisionPlus

I have not yet tried to work out the power-button, and am not yet sure
how most appropriately to map the rest of the keys.

Cheers

Ivan
--
Ivan Beveridge	<ivan at dreamtime.org>