[mythtv-users] audio behind video

Don Brown don at donbrown.ca
Mon Jul 19 12:24:18 EDT 2004

When watching live tv, and I change channels, or jump forwards/backwards, I
find the audio takes a couple of seconds (3 - 10 depending on the amount of
jumping) to catch up to the video.  It sounds perfectly normal, but it's out
of sync with the video until it quickly catches up.

The same thing happens when watching a recording and I jump around.

Is this normal?

I've played with the settings (experimental av sync, etc).  Checking the
various audio syncing options results in either no change or worse syncing
than leaving them at their default unchecked values.

I've learned to live with it, but it would be nice if It didn't happen.  The
family would certainly appreciate it anyway.

FWIW, I've got a AMD 2500+, PVR 350, PVR250 and an NVidea card as output.

Thanks,
Don