[mythtv-users] Bugs in MythVideo?

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Sun Jul 18 04:46:09 EDT 2004

> And *I* asked you to submit a patch that fixes just the international
> characters for you so that I could run is past the others who were
> having problems and see if it was something MythVideo was doing wrong or
> what.

And *I* submit a patch (to you off list) that fixes just the
internationnal characters for me but don't have any response about it.

> Just because we're in the US doesn't mean that we don't have
> international characters, we're not called the melting pot for nothing.
> Heck even the Harry Potter movies were directed by someone with an
> accent character in his name.
I send a mail in user mailing list to know people who use internationnal
characters and for who mythvideo works. But I never receive response.
Then I can deduce that nobody who use mythvideo and internationnal
characters don't have problem, or they don't be interest to help the
other or my mail is not understandable owing to my poor english ...

Finally about "these huge patches that do 8 different things all rolled
together", I explain to you that i don't have more time than that to
split myth video cd support path. In other words, if you don't want
apply it, it's not a problem, i do this stuff in first for me and i use it.
however people who want to use it, can apply it and i'm pleased to help
them like i still did it. (even if the trouble come often from media
monitor which have no documentation about how correctly use it).

Xavier