[mythtv-users] Re: custom modeline

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 00:44:45 EDT 2004

My thanks as well to Cory... his explanation was clear
enough for me to hand-alter my 540p modeline down to
480 vertical lines, which (after nudging it a bit with
xvidtune) results in an absolutely _perfect_ fit.

It also turns out that my problem with xine was due to
its need for a "DisplaySize" line in the Monitor
section. It was in the FAQ and I could have sworn I
tried it. Now that I've got some numbers in there that
are 16:9 and large enough to give correct-sized fonts
in MythTV menus, xine is displaying anamorphic test
patterns as it should.

Anyhow, thanks again! That's one more thing off the
things-to-do checklist...