[mythtv-users] Channel quality?

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 17:55:46 EDT 2004

> > Well folks, I've got Myth working, and it's doing good. Just ONE little
> > problem still bothering me...
> >
> > Below are the urls to 3 screenshots I've taken. Some of my channels
> > (most noticeably in the upper 40s on my cable) have "lines" of static
> > running vertically down them, ranging from barely visible all the way to
> > complete chaos. Is there any way to fix this?

You may just have too weak of a signal.  I know that when I first
setup my Myth box, I split the cable from the VCR so it went into BOTH
my Myth box and VCR.  As a result, there wasn't enough signal strength
to get a good picture, especially at higher channels.  At first I was
confused, because if I switched off of my Mth box, and watched TV, the
signal was great, but once the Myth box started recording, it brought
the signal down.