[mythtv-users] New recordings option

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Jul 17 15:20:34 EDT 2004

Curtis Stanford wrote:

>On July 17, 2004 11:21 am, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Curtis Stanford wrote:
>>

>>>1) What, is this a law now? You'll have to pry my top posting from my
>>>cold dead hands. I detest having to scroll down on every message I
>>>read to see the responses. I'm a busy man.
>>>

>>*sigh* then we're done.  If you can't be bothered to follow the
>>conventions of the list, I can't be bothered to help you..  Guess who
>>wrote the feature you're talking about?
>>

>Well, if this is all something we've agreed to, fine. Seems kind of anal to
>me. All I could see was one guy saying "Don't top post" over and over again.
>Like any democracy, I have to go along with the majority, even if I don't
>like it. So, can you help me out now??

It's one of those things like "Don't start a new topic by replying to an
existing one" or "Don't send HTML to the list." that folks should be
aware of.

As for your problem, it's possible that the show you're trying to set to
new episodes only doesn't have the proper information (i.e. no
previously shown flag, no original air date).  The system doesn't look
to see if the show you're working with has repeats or not, just if you
have ANY repeats.   In the case where a show is set to kDupCheckNewEpi
and isn't marked as a repeat it should fall back on kDupCheckSubDesc.
though that behavior may go away as it's a potential problem area.

 From what you've said though it sounds like your recording rule isn't
being saved since kDupCheckNewEpi is 8 not 6 which is why I asked if you
were saving it or not.  Perhaps you're having issues with the way the
new advanced screen works and haven't gotten it saved?