[mythtv-users] Some prelim docs for pcHDTV and PVR-250 with MythTV on kernel 2.6.7

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sat Jul 17 14:30:20 EDT 2004

Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>     You mentioned finding good specs for modelines at '...' Where's
> that exactly, or is it confidential?  :)
>
> -Cory

We all bow to you oh great modeline master :-)  Seriously though, I do
anyway.

I have been struggling with Modelines that I have found while searching
the web and the mail lists.  I found an online mode calculator at
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html.  I also tried
the videogen tool from http://www.dynaweb.hu/opensource/videogen/.  Most
of the information I gathered was from the Myth list, the Xfree86 video
timing howto
(http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/index.html), and
the Linux HTPC howto
(http://www.sllug.org/how-to/linux-htpc/introduction.html).

I am real close on the modeline, I just can't fix the vertical size.  I
am beginning to think my cheap Samsung just can't do a true 1080i.  It
says HDTV 1080i Monitor right on the front of it too.  Oh well, that's
what I get for cheaping out (although at $1700 2 years ago I wouldn't
call it inexpensive).

Thanks,
David