[mythtv-users] Okay, slow down, HDTV idiot here...

Dean Blackburn deano at deano.com
Sat Jul 17 02:44:14 EDT 2004

Actually, it's not a big deal for me anyway - hdtv has, as far as I can
tell, no appreciable goodness for the average viewer (it's not picture
quality, it's show quality I worry about... The stuff could be
radioplays for all I care, so long as it's good), given all the
additional expense. By the time it's the standard, and not an add-on
service, no doubt all possible encryption, modulation, etc issues will
be hacked to pieces anyway. ;)

Thanks for the info, though. I'll happily plug along with myth for
'real' tv.

-deano