[mythtv-users] Myth Frontend hardware

John Wozniak johnnywoz at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:30:14 EDT 2004

   First let me say that I am a noob with myth, just now setting up the backend (FC2, 2xPVR250, 512mb, 200gb drive, athlon xp2200, MX440, 17" flat panel screen).
  For my frontend myth box, I am going to be hooking it up to my very nice quality surround sound system and large widescreen HD TV.  I don't mind paying a couple extra $$ for good quality, and one thing is for sure, I do want excellent video quality.  Besides playing back DVDs, my TV source is Digital Cable.
   SO my questions are,
1) what is the better setup for a myth box sound card to stereo; plain old line out, S/PDIF RCA, optical, brand/model
2) what are the diffs of the various video cards; MX440, FX5200, FX5500, memory size - 64mb, 128mb
3) which video card is the best for Myth; no games or such
4) is there a motherboard out there that is best recommended with these highend features (I saw the specs on a DFI NFII ULTRA INFINITY board that had an optical s/pdif and a nFource2 Ultra 400).

Big Thanx,
-john