[mythtv-users] compile error - amd 64/gcc 3.4 support?

Fri Jul 16 12:24:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Gideon N. Guillen wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:11:14 -0700, Chris Germano <netslayer at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile current CVS on a AMD 64 machine with gcc 3.4.1 (Gentoo
> > 2004.1/2 64 edition). It looks like current portage has 15.1 mythtv and
> > mythfrontend. Mythfrontend did emerge for me successfully but i'm not sure
> > if they have their own patches. However since the protocol is different in
> > newer CVS I can't use the ebuild.
>
> > g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
>
> Take a look at that particular line closely. Your CXXFLAGS has telling
> to compile libavcodec with i686 instructions, which your compiler
> doesnnt seem to support. You might want to manually edit the makefile
> and remove the offending compiler flag or replace it with the
> appropriate architecture type (in this case, pentiumpro aka i686 to
> x86_64).

When building from CVS, after editing settings.pro and running qmake, you
must run ./configure

./configure can take options such as:

./configure --extra-cflags="-march=pentium4"

This "configure" program is what sets up libavformat and libavcodec for
compilation.

If you want to see what options are going to be used to compile those
libraries, you can edit config.mak after running that configure program.

John