[mythtv-users] Compiling with DVB Support

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Fri Jul 16 07:53:41 EDT 2004

Hi There,

I am trying to install mythtv on a gentoo box. I'm trying to do a manual
compile as there are probles with the latest (0.15.1) version of mythtv
within the gentoo system.

I'm running a 2.6.7 kernel, have my Avermedia 771 card working fine with
mplayer.

Whenever I build myth, and run setup, I get a message telling me to compile
dvb support in. I have downloaded and applied the dvb-kernel patch to the
linux source tree, but it does not appear to be picking it up.

I have updated settings.pro to read as follows. Anyone have any ideas on
what else I can look for?

Thanks,
Ben

#CONFIG += debug
CONFIG += release

PREFIX = /usr/local

LIBVERSION = 0.15

INCLUDEPATH += $${PREFIX}/include
INCLUDEPATH *= /usr/local/include

DEFINES += _GNU_SOURCE
DEFINES += _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
DEFINES += PREFIX=\"$${PREFIX}\"

release {
        DEFINES += MMX
        QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
        QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE = $${QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE}
}

EXTRA_LIBS = -lfreetype -lmp3lame

# X11 support
CONFIG += using_x11

# Default Xv support
CONFIG += using_xv
EXTRA_LIBS += -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXinerama -lXv -lX11 -lXext -lXxf86vm

# IVTV (PVR-x50) support.  Disable if building on Windows.
CONFIG += using_ivtv
DEFINES += USING_IVTV

# LCDProc support
#DEFINES += LCD_DEVICE

# Native ALSA support
#CONFIG += using_alsa
#ALSA_LIBS = -lasound

# Native ARTS support
#CONFIG += using_arts
#ARTS_LIBS = -L/opt/kde3/lib -ldl -lartsc -lpthread
#EXTRA_LIBS += -L/opt/kde3/lib -ldl -lartsc -lpthread
#INCLUDEPATH += /opt/kde3/include
# For Mandrake, use the following:
#ARTS_LIBS = -ldl -lartsc -lpthread
#EXTRA_LIBS += -ldl -lartsc -lpthread
#INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/artsc

# DVB support
CONFIG += using_dvb
DEFINES += USING_DVB
# Note: INCLUDEPATH should point to the directory with
#   'linux/dvb/frontend.h', not the directory with frontend.h
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/src/linux/include

# Native lirc support
#CONFIG += using_lirc
#LIRC_LIBS = -llirc_client

# XvMC support, modify as necessary.
#CONFIG += using_xvmc
#DEFINES += USING_XVMC
#EXTRA_LIBS += -lXvMCNVIDIA -lXvMC

# VIA cle266 support
#CONFIG += using_viahwslice
#DEFINES += USING_VIASLICE
#EXTRA_LIBS += -lddmpeg

# DirectFB support
#CONFIG += using_directfb
#EXTRA_LIBS += `directfb-config --libs`
#QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += `directfb-config --cflags`

# Windows support
#CONFIG += win32
#DEFINES += _WIN32

# DirectX support
#CONFIG += using_directx
#DEFINES += USING_DIRECTX

# OpenGL support for vertical retrace sync
#DEFINES += USING_OPENGL_VSYNC
#EXTRA_LIBS += -lGL -lGLU