[mythtv-users] Multiple Folders For Videos

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Thu Jul 15 14:09:25 EDT 2004

Geoff at Hundekeandroyal dot com wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> I noticed in MythMusic (either that or MythGallery) there was a way to
> define more than one directory for holding music/pictures using a ":" to
> separate the directories.
As far as i know, mythgallery allow more than one directory to import
picture, but i can be wrong here :)

> I can't seem to do that for videos.
>
> I have mounted a share on a box running that other OS with some videos
> and movies.  It's mounted as /mnt/winvideo.  I also have videos on the
> MythTV box in the directory /videos.  On the setup page for the videos,
> I entered /videos:/mnt/winvideo.  This did not seem to work as it saw
> neither directory and said I had no video (it also screwed up my video
> information pulled from IMDB.com).
You can but a symlink in /videos from /mnt/video.
The only problem with it, is you will lost imdb information each time
your other box is down (the you can't acced to the share) for file in
the share directory.

> Any ideas or am I just smoking crack here and making my life too
> complicated by having two video locations?  I'd like to keep it that
> way...if MythGod will allow that.
I think you smoke ;-)