[mythtv-users] password german mythfilldatabase --manual

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Thu Jul 15 03:35:14 EDT 2004

Hi Steffen,

* Steffen Schwientek <schwientek at web.de>, Thursday, July 15, 2004, 8:43:56 AM:

> Hope here are some other german speaking people here.

> IŽll need to run mythfilldatabase --manual to gather the program
> information. The Program tries to connect to
> http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService, but fails,
> because this site can only be accessed with a proper user/password
> combination.

> Even If I had such an combination, how could I tell mythfilldatabase to use
> ist? There is no manpage for this program.

> Is there an other way to get the channel information? IŽll have an budget
> DVB-Sat card, and I need the programes for the ASTRA sattelite.

Yes, there are programs that get the informations out of the
data-stream from the tv-card.
And there are perl-based spiders around, that get the epg-data from
websites like prisma-online.de

you can (should) use a xml-file generated by one of this programs with
mythfilldatabase manual, so that mythfilldatabase knows the
xml-shortnames to associate with each program.

 Timo