[mythtv-users] Re: New Nvidia Gforce Drivers vs XVMC (SOLVED)

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 17:10:34 EDT 2004

> My HDTV can accept a 1920x1080i signal (via an RGB
> connection), but I have not yet been able to get this mode
> successfully installed.  I can drive the TV to this
> resolution, but it does not appear to be interlaced. Anyone
> using nvidia to drive this resolution?

This mode works for me and is definately interlaced. I personally find the
picture from my 540p modeline looks much better. The 1080i mode has quite a
bit of overscan but I have not had a chance to play with it to optimize it
yet. I had to remove the new driver because it screws up on my FC1 system
and trys to make the view a virtual desktop with a much larger area than the
screen (4x or 5x larger). Switching to 4363 again has fixed the problem.
Anyways these are tested and working on my Philips HDTV which is a bit fussy
about timings and such.

	Mode "1920x1080i"
                DotClock 74.52
                HTimings 1920 1952 2016 2208
                VTimings 1080 1084 1096 1126
                Flags "Interlace" "+HSync" "+VSync"
        EndMode

ModeLine    "824x468in540p" 37.26 824 944 1048 1104 468 514 528 563 +hsync
+vsync